Air conditioning is a life-saver during both sweltering summer months and cold winter days. There are many different options – from split system to ducted system when choosing an Air Conditioner for residential areas.
However, wall-mounted split AC units designed to heat or cool are the most popular among homeowners. A split system air conditioner consists of an outdoor and indoor unit. The outdoor unit contains a compressor, condenser coil, and expansion coil or capillary tubing, whereas the indoor unit houses a cooling coil, long blower, and an air filter.
Additionally, air conditioners have a significant feature – a timer that allows you to control operating times and help save energy.
LG’s range of split and ducted system air conditioners have several convenient timer scheduling functions to accommodate your individual needs and ensure you have a perfect temperature at home all year round.
Here’s how to set up your air conditioner timer to harness your cooling and its many benefits.
Guide to set up your Air Conditioner Timers
The air conditioning system can be controlled by using different types of controllers, including the wireless remote control featured below.
Setting the ON Timer
Setting the ON Timer allows you to turn ON your air conditioner at a specific time to ensure you arrive home to a nice and comfortable house.
- Press the ON Timer button at the bottom of the remote control. You will see a blinking ON icon displayed on your screen.
- Use the UP and DOWN arrow buttons to switch ON the TIMER button and set the time you would like your air conditioner to turn ON.
- Finally, press the SET/CANCEL button to finish.
Once you have finished setting the timer and the current time, an ON icon will be displayed on the screen indicating the desired time is set.
Cancelling the ON Timer
- When you want to cancel the ON Timer, press the Timer button.
- The icon shown below will be displayed on the screen.
- Press the SET/CANCEL button.
Setting the OFF Timer
Setting the OFF Timer is designed to be used when the air conditioner is ON. This timer enables you to switch OFF your air conditioner at a specific time when you are not using it.
- Press the OFF-timer button repeatedly at the bottom of the remote control. You will see a blinking OFF icon displayed on your screen.
- Use the UP/DOWN arrow buttons to select the time you want your air conditioner to switch OFF.
- Press the SET/CANCEL button to finish.
After setting the timer and the current time, an OFF icon will be displayed on the screen indicating the desired time is set.
Cancelling the OFF Timer
- When you want to cancel the OFF Timer, press the Timer button.
- Then, the icon shown below will be displayed on the screen.
- The last step to cancel the OFF Timer is to press the SET/CANCEL button.
Cancelling the Timer Settings
To cancel the timer settings, follow the procedure shown below.
- Press the Timer Cancel button to cancel all the timer settings.
Setting the Sleep mode
Setting the sleep mode allows you to turn OFF the air conditioner automatically when you go to sleep. Follow the instructions to set up the sleep mode on your air conditioner.
- Switch on your air conditioner.
- Press the Timer button and you will see a blinking Star icon at the bottom of your display screen.
- Press the UP/DOWN button to select the time.
- Press the SET/CANCEL button to finish the process.
Once you are done, a Star icon will be displayed on the display screen.
Benefits of Air Conditioner Timer
Save Energy and Money
Do you often forget to switch off your AC? Forgetting to switch off your AC will result in higher energy consumption costs. Scheduling your AC timer can reduce your electricity bills and increase your savings while adding comfort to your home.
Plan in Advance
Set your timer to switch the air conditioner ON so that you can get home to the perfect temperature.
Schedule for the entire week
Sometimes, it can be a hassle to set up an AC timer using a remote each time. However, you can now easily set weekly schedules with a Smart AC Controller feature. This feature allows you to plan and schedule air conditioning times for the entire week.
No need to switch the unit ON/OFF
You can forget about switching your air conditioner ON/OFF once you have scheduled your unit. Stay carefree with this amazing feature.
At Total Electrics, we are proud to provide a wide range of air conditioners to suit your requirements. Our range of LG air conditioners are your go-to solution.
Enjoy convenience and comfort with your new air conditioning timer.
Get in touch with us today to know more about what we have to offer.