How does evaporative cooling work?
Ever wondered why you feel cooler by the ocean or a river? You feel cooler because as hot air blows across the water, it causes some of the water to evaporate and absorb the heat. The air is cooled by this evaporation process and so becomes a “sea” breeze.
A Braemar evaporative air conditioner works the same way. Hot air enters the cooling unit on your roof where it is filtered and cooled as it passes through specially designed moistened Chillcel® pads. A fan then blows this beautifully cooled air throughout your home
Hot air in the house is forced out through open windows and doors providing your entire home with a complete change of air at least every two minutes.
Why evaporative air conditioning?
- Delivers 100% fresh air
- Uses up to 80% less electricity than comparable refrigerated systems!
- Windows and doors can be left open
- Greatly reduces costs of staying cool
- Enables lower purchase and installation costs
- Guarantees fresh, natural, healthy “lifestyle” cooling
- Allergy free, asthma-safe environment*
- Replaces all of the air approximately every two minutes
- Ensures full ventilation – drives out odours and stale air
- Never dries out the eyes and skin, or even indoor plants